Statement of Faith
• That Jesus Christ is the Only Begotten Son, born of a virgin, who ministered the love and the will of the Father, was, and is, very God and Creator of all things.
• That He was crucified and died for all men, and then overcame death by resurrecting from the grave on the third day that man might have new life in Him.
• That He ascended to the Father and is seated at the right hand of the Father making intercession for us all, and, has sent forth His Holy Spirit to indwell and empower believers.
• That you must be born-again, receiving Jesus Christ as LORD and Savior, in order to see the Kingdom of God.
• That the Bible is the inspired Word of God.
• That this same Jesus is LORD of all.
• That He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.
• That believers should be baptized with water.
• That God has set in the Church the five-fold ministry gifts of Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors and Teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry, for the building up of the body of Christ.
• As believers we must not forsake the assembling of ourselves together.
• That God is no respecter of persons, for, in Christ "there is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male or female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."
• That Church attendance, fellowship, and submission one to another will play an important part in our service to this world.
• That all the gifts of the Spirit are operable in the Church of Jesus Christ today.
• In unity of believers of all denominations in the fellowship of the "Church" in love and worship of Jesus Christ as LORD, in one accord.
• That He will baptize believers with the Holy Ghost and fire. This is according to Acts Chapters One and Two, with the evidence of signs and wonders including speaking with other tongues.
• That the LORD Jesus Christ will return again!
• That as believers we have been given a universal commission to "Go into all the world and preach the gospel"
Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality:
We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen 1:26-27.) Rejection of one's biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
We believe that the term "marriage" has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Gen 2:18-25.) We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Cor. 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb 13:4.) We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. (Matt 15:18-20; 1 Cor. 6:9-10.)
We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of Damon Stuart Ministries as a ministry, and to provide a biblical role model to the community, it is imperative that all persons employed by Damon Stuart Ministries in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, agree to and abide by this Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality. (Matt 5:16; Phil 2:14-16; 1 Thess 5:22.)
We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Rom 10:9-10; 1 Cor 6:9-11.) We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31.) Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of Damon Stuart Ministries.
Because God has ordained marriage and defined it as the covenant relationship between a man, a woman, and Himself, Damon Stuart Ministries will only recognize marriages between a biological man and a biological woman. Damon Stuart Ministries shall only participate in weddings and solemnize marriages between one man and one woman.